Any.do + Slack
What is it?
Say hello to the Any.do’s Slack bot! It is a chat-bot which helps you manage your Slack tasks by allowing you to add reminders, assign tasks to other team members, and have a full display of upcoming tasks. And the best thing about the Bot is that it is able to detect tasks before you even add them!
Who has access?
- Both Premium and Free users can take advantage of this feature!
- An Any.do account is required in order to activate the feature and sync your lists and tasks.
How does it work?
- The Bot will scan your conversations for any potential tasks and offer you to set a reminder or assign the task to another colleague, while you are still chatting.
- The bot will also display a daily agenda for each morning, so you never fall behind on your tasks.
To add the Any.do Bot to Slack
✔️ To add the bot
- On one of your active channels, type ‘/add Any.do’ which will add the bot to the specific channel as well as open a private chat with the Bot in your Slack account.
- Alternatively, you can go to slack.com/apps/A3LU9DDEU-anydo and link it there. If you’re the group admin, you’ll receive an email informing that a new user was created on your team with the address @any.do.
To start chatting with the bot
✔️ To start chatting
- Click “Any.do” under the Direct Message section of your sidebar.
- If you haven’t yet linked your Any.do account to the Slack Bot, you will receive a message directing you to a login page.
To add tasks directly to a list
✔️ To add tasks
- Send the bot a private message in the format of: “Add <task name> to <list name>.”
- If you want to set a due date for a task, use the format: “Remind me to <task name> on <date name>.”
- You can also say “next week” or “tomorrow.”
To view your tasks for the day
✔️ To view your tasks
- Send a message to the bot that reads: “What are my tasks for today?”
To add reminders, assign tasks, or complete
✔️ To add/ assign/ complete tasks
- Ask the bot to read your daily tasks, and then you’ll be given options to assign, complete, or add reminders to tasks.
To add the bot to a specific channel
✔️ To add to a channel
- Enter the channel you want to add the bot to, and type “/invite @any.do”