- 1 Troubleshooting: Calendar and Events
- 220.127.116.11 Having issues with your calendar integration or events? Checkout the details below for quick and easy troubleshooting.
- 18.104.22.168 How do I integrate my calendar?
- 22.214.171.124 My calendar isn’t syncing across all platforms. Why?
- 126.96.36.199 Can I share my Any.do calendar(s) with other users?
- 188.8.131.52 Why are some of my events grayed out?
- 184.108.40.206 Why can I edit certain events but others not?
- 220.127.116.11 How can I change the color of my events?
- 18.104.22.168 Why can’t I edit/ delete events in my Android app?
- 22.214.171.124 I only want to see specific calendars in my view. How can I remove the rest?
- 126.96.36.199 Why can’t I see my Apple/ Outlook calendar on the desktop app?
- 188.8.131.52 Why do I need to grant contacts permissions to integrate my calendars?
- 184.108.40.206 How do I change calendars/ reset permissions?
- 220.127.116.11 Why is Any.do adding spam to my calendar?
- 18.104.22.168 I can’t see the same events on all my devices
Troubleshooting: Calendar and Events
Having issues with your calendar integration or events? Checkout the details below for quick and easy troubleshooting.
How do I integrate my calendar?
My calendar isn’t syncing across all platforms. Why?
Any.do requires separate calendar integration per each device. This means that you need to make sure that you’ve integrated the same calendar(s) on any of the platforms you’re using the app. If you’re missing a specific calendar, simply check out the following article to add it to your preferred platforms: Calendar Setup. For further assistance, reach out to our Support Team here.
Unlike tasks, calendars cannot be shared directly through the app, however you can still see the same events as your family members or colleagues by sharing the specific calendar(s) from its native settings. To learn more, check out this article.
Why are some of my events grayed out?
Events that are grayed out took place on past dates.
Why can I edit certain events but others not?
Editing an event depends on the permissions on the associated calendar or event, for example if someone else invited you to the event or the calendar is read only.
How can I change the color of my events?
The colors of your events are set by your native calendar settings, per each calendar you choose to integrate. In order to change the colors associated with your calendar-events, please check out this article.
Why can’t I edit/ delete events in my Android app?
If you’re experiencing issues editing or deleting your events using the Android app, it may be due to an improper setup of your calendar(s). In order to fix this, please go to your native device’s calendar app => Manage Calendars => Uncheck and recheck your preferred calendars. Then, go to Any.do => Calendar Tab => Uncheck and recheck your preferred calendars from the menu on the top left corner. Make sure you’re checking the same calendars as in the native app. Then, close and reopen the app. You should now be able to edit and delete events properly. If you’re still having issues please contact our team below.
I only want to see specific calendars in my view. How can I remove the rest?
In order to see only specific calendars and their associated events in your mobile/ desktop app, simply select them in the ‘visible calendars’ option, as described here.
Why can’t I see my Apple/ Outlook calendar on the desktop app?
The desktop apps currently offer the option to sync only one Google calendar account. However, if you have the option to subscribe to your other calendars, you will be able to see them via the drop-down menu under Calendar in your left side panel. We plan on adding support for more calendar clients in the near future and update our users on our social media channels as soon as it becomes available!
Why do I need to grant contacts permissions to integrate my calendars?
Granting contacts permissions in order to integrate your calendar(s) is required for seeing shared events properly. It is also required in order to add invitees and add/remove members to your events. Any.do only uses the permissions for the calendar’s functionality and does not save any of these records on our servers.
How do I change calendars/ reset permissions?
All you need to do to switch calendars or reset your calendars is disable the permissions and then log out and back to the app, as detailed here. Once permissions are disabled, the calendar view will ‘reset’ and you will be able to integrate a different calendar.
Why is Any.do adding spam to my calendar?
Any.do does not add events on users behalf, nor does it allow for any 3rd party ads. If you’re seeing spam events after integrating your calendar, it is probably because you have an event on your native calendar which was added externally. We recommend simply accessing your native calendar client to check the origin of this event and remove it accordingly.
I can’t see the same events on all my devices
Every event is linked to a calendar account (google, outlook, apple, etc) . In order to see events you have to make sure that the calendar account is added to your device. The calendar events are simply mirrored in the app and are not integrated to the account itself. If you want to see the same events on all platforms make sure the calendar account is added to all platforms.
Please note that at this time the desktop apps can only display a single Google account (with all its calendars) in read only mode.
However, we are working on adding further functionality to match the mobile apps as soon as possible. In the meantime, you may opt to subscribe to any other calendar via your main account in order to see the events in Any.do.
Integrating your google account can be done directly within the desktop apps. In order to view other calendars in the web\desktop version you can subscribe to other calendars from your google account settings.
Subscribing to different calendars:
- Open google calendar.
- On the left, next to “Other calendars,” click + and select “Subscribe to calendar”.
See full instructions here.
Subscribing an iCloud calendar:
Firstly you will need to get the public URL of the calendar.
- Open the iOS calendar.
- Click on the “Calendar” icon.
- Under the iCloud calendar section, click on the Info button (i) to the right of the calendar you’d like to make available in Google Calendar.
- Enable “Public Calendar”.
- Click on the “Share Link”.
- Open google calendar.
- On the left, next to “Other calendars,” click + and select “From URL”.
After you subscribe to other calendars you will see them under your google account in the “other calendar” section and be able to view them in Any.do.