Any.do + Zapier
What is it?
Open the door to a variety of integrations with Any.do for Zapier. Connect to thousands of available apps such as Google Calendar, Gmail, Outlook, Evernote, Slack and many more. These apps will communicate with Any.do, turning your emails, events, messages and more into actionable tasks. To check out the full list of possible integrations via Zapier (and finding your favorite service), go here.
Who has access?
- Only Premium users can enjoy this feature
- The feature is available on all supported platforms.
- The integration requires an active Zapier account, which allows for up to 5 Free ‘Zaps’. If you do not have one, the option to create an account will be available in the integration screen.
How does it work?
- Automated workflows between apps are called Zaps.
- Zaps have three components: a trigger, an action, and a search.
- The integration allows users the freedom to create custom Zaps with their favourite third party apps or easily activate Any.do’s ready-made Zaps with popular services.
- You can create Zap straight from your Any.do account, under the Integrations screen.
- You can disable the integrations at any given time via Zapier.
To enable Zapier from the Any.do app
✔️ Android/ iOS/ Web/ Windows/ Mac
- Go to Settings -> Integrations -> +1500 Apps (via Zapier).
- Choose your preferred Zap or opt to create a Zap of your own.
- Connect your Zapier account with your Any.do Premium account and follow on-screen instructions to finalize the Zap.
- Make sure your Zap it turned ‘On’ in order to have it active in your account.
To learn all about creating Zaps, see this article.
To disable any of your active Zaps
✔️ Android/ iOS/ Web/ Windows/ Mac
- Open your Zapier dashboard here.
- Next to your preferred Zap, slide to turn the integration off .
- To completely remove the Zap, open the menu to its right by choosing . Then, select the Trash option and confirm.
Zapier + Alexa
Use Zapier to add tasks with the Alexa voice recognition to a list in Any.do. To create a Zap please follow these instructions:
✔️ Web/ Windows/ Mac
*The zap can be set up with the mobile version but we highly recommend setting it up on a desktop platform.
- Link your Zapier account with your Premium Any,do account (via Settings – Integrations) or here: https://zapier.com (you can create a free Zapier account for up to 5 custom zaps)
- Click “Create Zap”.
- In the app event, search for Alexa. And select “Trigger Phrase Spoken in Amazon Alexa”. Trigger Event: Trigger Phrase Spoken and “Continue”. Choose an account, add your Alexa account information.
- Set up trigger: type in a trigger Phrase and an Additional Prompt Question. In the example we selected a trigger phrase of : ”Add items to my list” and Additional Prompt Question of: “what items”. And “Continue”. Test trigger and Continue.
- Action: select Any.do -> create a task in Any.do -> action event “create a task”.
- Choose an account, add your Premium Any.do account information as it is set up in your Any.do settings-> profile.
- Set up action: select the list you want the items to be added to, and select the title as “1. what items sample answer to prompt question”. And Continue
- Test and continue-> Turn on Zap.
Once the Zap is set up, you can open Alexa and say “Alexa, ask Zapier to trigger a Zap”, then say your trigger phrase when asked.
Alexa: Say the trigger phrase
User: “Add items to my list” (trigger phrase).
Alexa: What items? (prompt question).
User: “Go to gym” (Task title).
The task will be added to the list you selected in Any.do.
*For standard users that want to try this out, please contact our support team at: https://www.any.do/contact_form and they will provide a 7 day free trial.