Any.do + Gmail
What is it?
The Any.do Gmail Add-on allows for quick and easy task management straight from your inbox. The add-on displays all of your tasks in a convenient view right next to your email threads, eliminating the need to open the app itself. It is a fast and simple way to create action items straight from your Gmail threads.
Who has access?
- Standard users
- Premium users
- Teams users
How does it work?
- The feature can be enabled via the GSuite Marketplace.
- It will then be available as soon as you open an email in your Gmail inbox.
- Users can add tasks to lists or boards.
- Adding a task via the add-on will create a direct link to the actual email you’ve set your task from.
- Clicking on the email from your Any.do app will open the exact thread the task is related to.
Installation and Removal
✔️To install the add-on: Go to the GSuite Marketplace and choose to add the Any.do add-on to your Gmail account. Make sure to do this from a desktop browser (after which the add-on will be added to the mobile Gmail app as well).
✔️To remove the add-on: Go to My Apps in the GSuite Marketplace. Locate and click on Any.do. Choose to Uninstall.
✔️To add a task:
- Open an email thread and click on the Any.do add-on.
- A screen will open up displaying your email’s subject as your task’s title. You can edit this title to your liking.
- Choose the preferred location (board/list) and ‘Add to’.
- If you choose to add to your workspace make sure to select the preferred board.
- A link to the specific email you’re working on will be added automatically when clicking the Any.do add on. You can remove it if required.
- Then, click the ‘Add Task’ button to add it to your Any.do account.
✔️To add notes to your task: Simply add details under the Notes section.
✔️To add a due date to your task: Choose Today/ Tomorrow/ In 7 Days/ Someday under the Due Date section. This will add the task under the designated time category, however be advised that it will not create a reminder.
✔️To add a task from a web-page: Right click a selected text and choose “Add to Any.do”.