Any.do + Siri and Reminders
What is it?
Using any.do is even easier when you integrate with Siri and Apple Reminders! You can now add tasks just by telling Siri what you want to do. Once you activate this integration, Any.do will sync with your Apple Reminders both ways, allowing you to utilize Siri’s voice commands as well.
Who has access?
- Both Premium and Free users can take advantage of this feature!
- The feature is available on iOS only. Any changes to your list will sync across all platforms.
- Siri shortcuts are suggested based on intelligence Siri has gathered, according to your interaction with the features, over time. Newer users may not see all of Any.do’s Siri shortcuts on their device.
How does it work?
- In order to add tasks via Siri, simply say ‘add a reminder..’ along with the task title and reminder date.
- The task will sync to your Any.do account under the Apple Reminders list.
- These tasks will sync their titles and reminder times back and forth from Any.do to your Apple Reminders app.
- Telling Siri to ‘open’/ ‘add’ to Any.do won’t work, as that command will not be recognised.
- The app by also supports 5 Siri Shortcuts, as detailed below.
To enable/ disable Siri & Reminders
- Go to your Any.do Settings.
- Turn “Siri & Reminders Sync” to ON/ OFF.
To delete the “Apple Reminders” list, tap “Delete” on the popup message.
To add tasks with Siri
Just tell Siri “Remind me to…” and your task will be added to your Apple Reminders list.
To configure Siri shortcuts
- Open your device Settings
- Navigate to Any.do
- Select “Siri & Search” and then “Shortcuts”.
- Choose any shortcuts you like, and enable them.
- Add a task – Ask Siri to ‘Add a new task’. Any.do will then open-up, allowing you to quickly add your task’s title and preferences.
- Open list – Ask Siri to ‘open X list’. For example, tell Siri to ‘Open my Work list’ and the app will open up directly to your Work list for you!
- What’s next – Not sure what’s next on your to-do list? Use Siri to keep you updated by asking ‘What’s my next task?’.
- Open Moment – Planning your day is crucial for staying productive. Keep your daily tasks in check by asking Siri to ‘Open Moment’ and get your schedule organized.
- Review daily agenda – Use this shortcut by asking Siri ‘What’s my agenda for today’ so you never miss a thing!
You can also change what voice command will activate each of these tasks in your Shortcut settings for Any.do.
Be advised that at this time, the Siri shortcuts do not work for the Smart Grocery List. However, it will work for any standard shopping list.