Lokalise: Translate Any.do!
What is it?
Lokalise is our crowd-sourced app translation software. It allows us to put all of the text we need translated online, so that our users can collectively help us out in making Any.do available in dozens of languages. All users who become part of the Translators Community instantly become free Premium members for the duration of their contribution!
Who has access?
- Both Premium and Free users can join the Translators Community.
How does it work?
- The way Lokalise works, is that we have projects for our iOS app, Android app, and Web App. These projects contain every piece of text that we use in our app. Our Lokalise users can then find any segment of text, called a “key,” that they’re capable of translating and add that key in another language.
- We’re always happy to have new users joining our translation team! First, make sure you’re able to translate to one of the languages we are currently supporting and then submit apply to become a translator per the details below.
- Once you’re approved as a translator, you will immediately get access to the app’s Premium version.
- The Premium status is available for the duration of your contribution but will be removed for inactive users.
To apply to become a translator
- Make sure you’re able to translate one of the supported languages written below.
Open your app and go to Settings > Any.do Community > Help Translate Any.do.
You will then be brought to a website where you can choose what languages you’re able to help with and sign-up.
You can also access the sign-up form by clicking here.
Supported languages for translation
The following languages are currently available for translation:
If your language is not yet added, check this page for updates in the future 🙂
To add a translation on Lokalise
It’s as simple as scrolling to any key, and pressing on the space to the right of the language you’re translating to. Once you’ve done this, Lokalise will provide several auto-translations that you can use as aids for your own translation.
To manage your view on Lokalise
Press the “sort by” drop-down at the top of screen. You can organize by “First added” “Last added” “Last updated” “A-Z” and more.
To leave comments on Lokalise
Press next to a key to leave a comment on that key, or press it on the top right of the page to leave a comment on the project. Other users contributing to the same language will be notified about your comment. You can also reply to earlier comments or type @(name) to just notify that person with your comment.